Monday, March 28, 2011

In The Beginning...

This weekend at church we started a new series on the story of God, and how we are people fit into that story.  Chuck talked about the Bible in a way that I have never heard someone talk about it before.  He related the Bible to a book (which it is; the bestselling book of all time!), and with that being a slight bit of realization that we as humans are not the center of the universe. 

I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN; IF YOU LOOK AT THE BIBLE AS A BOOK, WHICH IT IS, WE AS HUMANS ARE NOT THE MAIN CHARACTER OF THAT STORY!!

The first verse of the Bible, Genesis 1:1 states "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

Now knowing what I know about books, my bet and what Chuck talked about, is that if you just read the first sentence of the Bible, it is safe to say that God is the main character of the story, but with that being said, why is it that people live their lives daily centered around themselves and what they want to get out of everything.

I wanted to share this with you all because I find it to be motivating and inspiring to go out and live your life in a way that reflects the BOOK that you are in.  We are all just supporting characters brought along by the main character to help him, GOD, in whatever he might need help with.  The next 7 weeks Crossroads is going to be continuing to talk about this STORY OF GOD, and how each of us tie into that story.  I wanted to get this out now, to challenge all of you to take on this journey with me, and realize where we fit in this amazing story that we are in.

God is Love,
Nate

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you read my blog, I love that we're both learning so much from Crossroads! I hope you're joking, we definitely talked about Crossroads at CDM yo. I'm excited for your adventure to Italy, it should give you an even bigger perspective of God's story.

    ReplyDelete