Sunday, September 11, 2011

Aosta, Italy


Yesterday nine other students and I traveled to the city of Aosta, Italy. Aosta is north of Torino, in the heart of the Alps. We spent half of the day on top of the mountain either hiking around, eating lunch on the top of a grassy knoll, or even playing around on the kid’s mini zip line!  Throughout the day I found myself just stopping to appreciate the situations that God and my parents have helped place me in. I feel really blessed to have the chance to see the world like most people do not.  We have officially been in Italy for 9 days, and I find it funny to say, but I don’t know if I have ever felt more alive!

We spent most of the day up on the property of the Pila Ski Resort in Aosta. The view from this region of Italy was absolutely amazing.  The 10 of us walked around the small resort town at the top of the hill for a little bit before stopping to eat lunch on what we found out later was the roof of some of the condos at the resort.  The view from here was one that I have never experienced anywhere else.  As we sat eating lunch you could just look out and enjoy the view; A view that seemed to be endless as well as amazingly natural. 

Another cool part of the day in Aosta was the Roman ruins that we were able to look at.  There were a few churches in the town that we went to, and inside / under neither the church was the remains of what was once a roman underground town system.  It was amazing to walk the halls of this underground society and just think about all of the history that was lying between those walls.  This was a really cool experience as someone who enjoys learning about history and what things have shaped society to be the way it is today.

Ciao,

Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment