Tuesday, September 20, 2011

School / Internship / Milan / Craziness!

So it has been a while since I have blogged about how everything is going here in Italy, and I have to apologize.  The problem is that, although I might have the same amount of hours (maybe more because sleep seems to be optional here), but I am finding that my time is more filled than it ever was in America. We don't watch any TV, but rather spend our evenings cooking and eating dinner as a group.

One of the cool things that happened since the last time I posted on here was that I spent last weekend in Milan.  Ironically it wasn't on purpose, but it just so happened that way, and ended up being and amazing weekend!... I went Friday, directly after class to Milan with another student from America with the intention of spending the day shopping and checking out the city. The problem was that since there was so much in Milan, and the conversation was good, that we didn't really do any shopping on Friday, so returned early on Saturday and spent a whole second day in Milan.  Milan was an amazing city with tons of beautiful architecture, awesome elephants (like the designed pigs you can see all around Cincinnati), and good shopping!

Today was also my second day at my new job here in Italy.  I am working with Tom Tjaarda (the man is responsible for the pantera!). In just the few short times I have worked with him, it has been an amazing experience for me, and I am really excited to spend the next four, and hopefully nine months working with Mr. Tjaarda.

Over all everything else is going really well. I am slowly adjusting to the differences of society here, the extended length of time that classes run, and taking care of all of the household chores I didn't have to worry about back in America (hanging clothes to dry, doing dishes by hang, etc.) I will be in touch with you all soon as I am hiking the Cinque Terre this Saturday, and will hopefully have plenty to tell you all about that experience!

Ciao,
Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment