Saturday, September 3, 2011

Ciao

Ciao,
I am writing for the first time on here since Matt and I have arrived in Europe, and just wanted to take a moment to let everyone know how things are going!
As we speak it is around 2:10 here in Torino, and we are supposed to wake up at 7:00! The hotel we are staying in tonight is absolutely miserable; it is very very hot, we are the only room without a balcony (which I would sleep on right now if I could), our beds are literally 6” apart, and the wifi has cut in and out at least 15 times this evening.
With that being said, I did want to take a second to talk about how amazing Paris was, but also officially release “the list”.  Paris was absolutely amazing, our tour guide Adrien (my ex-international buddy) showed us the amazing monuments and tourist stops, but we were also lucky to see some off the map spots in Paris that most tourists don’t get to see! Matt and I were very appreciative of him and his family for allowing us to stay with them for three days and showing us around! Although the Arc de Triumph was my favorite place in downtown Paris, I would have to say that anyone that visits Paris is very stupid not to take a day to visit the Palace of Versailles! The gardens there were unbelievable and I really enjoyed them!
With that being said, “the list” is something that matt and I have been working on for some time now. Some of them are funnier than others (although the mean serious things), but others are some of our true desires that we would like to accomplish while here in Italy.
25 things to do in Europe
1.       Walk down the streets of Torino with gelato in one hand and a bottle of wine in the other.
2.       Hit up the Vatican.
3.       Kiss a random French girl under the Eiffel tower.
4.       Gladiator fight in the coliseum.
5.       Wine tasting in the Italian countryside.
6.       DASSSSSSSS BOOOOT!
7.       Get Oktoberfest outfits.
8.       Look up relatives in Germany and Italy.
9.       Visit the Cut in the Mountains in Norway.
10.   Go to a professional soccer game [Juventus].
11.   Go to a sweet concert somewhere in Europe.
12.   Pay dues to “The Don” in Sicily.
13.   Go to the Lamborghini factory.
14.   Ride in a gondola with a man that looks like Fabio.
15.   Get an A to make mom and dad happy.
16.   Travel to the Palace of Versailles.
17.   Learn how to cook.
18.   Visit the Cinque Terra.
19.   Go to Amsterdam…..
20.   Visit Big Ben, Parliament, Buckingham Palace, and the London Eye in London, England.
21.   Hike the entire Trail B in one day on the Cinque Terra.
22.   Learn Italian.
23.   Go to a TECHNO / RAVE / HOUSE MUSIC party!
24.   Hold a complete conversation in just Italian.
25.   HAVE THE TRIP OF A LIFETIME!!
Although I doubt that we will be able to cross all of these off before we leave, let alone before we die, I hope to cross as many of these off the list as possible because these are things that I am passionate about completing.
Tomorrow (aka today) we move into our apartment and really figure out what type of situation we are actually in.  I am living with Matt and two guys that we have never met before, but to be honest I am 5x more excited about this than nervous! I will try to keep you all updated on everything, but also remember to check out my facebook page to see what is going on!
Ciao,

Nate
PS – if you can help me with #3 or #21 please let me know ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment