Saturday, March 24, 2012

What I have Been Up To Lately

So I apologize that I haven't written a blog post in the last couple of days, but I have been incredibly busy doing things that I HAD to do for school and things that I HAD to do for fun!! So to just catch you all up on what we have been up to this week I figured I would just write this blog post that didn't really talk about anything in particular, but just gives an overall idea on what I have been up to.

First off, and CLEARLY more importantly this week I had an Italian exam, a marketing presentation, a European Integration exam, and I spent about 10 hours working on my internship; developing a database of places to travel, where to stay when you go there, and things to do. Along with all of that, we had normal classes as well. The work load itself is not that much, and really didn't cause me much of a problem except for the fact that they were Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday so I spent every night studying as well as getting sucked in to going out on Wednesday and Thursday night as well.

Highlight of the school week; in my International Finance class this week we were asked to produce a presentation on a specific thing that we had studied in the past 6 weeks. Our group was the only group to actually make a PowerPoint presentation for our presentation. Ironically it wasn't very professional, but that was exactly what made it fun. Our topic given to us by our teacher was on Account Deficit and Country Risk, here are some screen shots of our presentation!




The other half of my week was much more interesting. In fact, it has everything to do with everything I wanted to be doing! After I was finally done with my hectic week of class, Ellie and I spent some time walking around the city Thursday before she left for the weekend. The past week and a little has been really nice here. I have been getting out and walking around the city and hanging out in the park for a good bit of time. In fact right now it is 7:15pm here in Torino and I am writing this blog post on our balcony! In fact, at 7pm here right now it is warmer than it is in Cincinnati right now at 2pm!

Torino and Cincinnati in both F° and C° as well as Crete and Prague.
And because the weather has been so good here this weekend we have spent both yesterday and today in Parco Valentino for the whole day. Yesterday we bought bread, lunch meat, chips, wine, and cookies at our local stores and and brought it to the park and made sandwiches and had a great 6 hour day in the park! Today we got up a little bit later, so we just went to the new panini shop right down the street and brought our paninis to the park.

Quick side note on the panini shop - I was the FIRST customer they EVER had there, and 
we are now like some of their regular clients because we get a student discount. In fact, they
gave us free beer Wednesday night when we were walking by as they were closing, free 
desert occasionally, and they have actually asked us to translate their menu into English for them!

Tomorrow we are going to spend the day at the beach just outside of Genoa and about a 2 1/2 hour train ride from here! I am really excited and looking forward to relaxing on the beach all day long and then coming back tomorrow night to get ready for the school week. I will be sure to let you all know how it goes this week with a blog post about the afternoon and a lot of pictures.

PS - If you see this kid please let him know that although this semester is great Italy and studying abroad in general is just not the same without him!!! 

His name is Matthew Buchheit

No comments:

Post a Comment