Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year Epicness

As you have to know (and if you don't shame on you!), but this year is a leap year, and today is the 29th of February. That's right!!! Today only happens once ever four years, and I must say it has got me thinking about rarities in life in general.

First off, happy birthday to everyone that was born today. How does it feel to be 4 years old and in high school, or 20 and have been retired for 10+ years?? And since Aladdin is my favorite Disney movie, and half of you are guaranteed to be under 7 years old here is your birthday cake!!

Happy Birthday to YOU!
On a slightly more serious note, this day come around once every 4 years. That seems like its not that often, but to be honest, the experience I am having right now is GUARANTEED to only happen once in my lifetime! Its really weird to say that because a part of me obviously never wants it to end. In fact I am actively searching for jobs here in Italy so that after this semester is over I can stay here and work. On the other side is the fact that next week will be our spring break and mark the halfway point of this semester. Last semester when we were half way done I laughed at everyone who was freaking out about having to go home, but now I understand EXACTLY what they are talking about. I will graduate college at 21 just off of spending 9 months abroad and living in Italy. Lets just say I don't think I am exactly ready to stop exploring the world, traveling around, and being adventurous, but don't tell my mother please!!

As much as I want to take the hour glass and turn it on its side I recognize that it is not possible, so there is only one other option;

ANDIAMO A ROTUNDA E BALLIAMO CON PANTALONI ROSSI!! 
Translation into English: We go to Rotunda (a discoteca here in Torino) and we dance with red pants!

It was such an awesome coincidence that this year we are all abroad and this year is a leap year so as a group we decided that we are going to literally dance this leap year away!!

So if you are in America; cheers up, have a great evening, and happy leap year.
And if you are in Italy (Torino specifically); we are going hard all night at Rotunda at 11!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment