Sunday, February 5, 2012

Skyline After 5 Months: A MOMENT!!





"That was a moment!!"  

This was the only thing that I could say after having Skyline last night for my first time in 5 months. This weekend both my roommate Cesare and Marcus are out of town, and a lot of the other USAC kids have gone traveling too, so Joe, Sage and I had a chance to spend some time just hanging out. Last night I decided to make them Skyline chili as a special Cincinnati treat. To be honest I was looking for a small group of people to test it on, because I didn't want to make a lot of it and then no one like it!! However, by the amount of skyline that was eaten in the shortest amounts of time that I have ever seen, it is safe to say that they enjoyed it!

 To be honest I was pleasantly surprised at how similar to actual Skyline it tasted! I know it has been 5 months since I have had it, but it was absolutely wonderful last night, and I am looking forward to making it for my friends again!

Italian version of Skyline... the only differences are that the cheese is worse but the pasta is better!
Joe ate his faster than I did
My skyline!!

Sage really enjoying her first Skyline moment!
Me licking the last bit of Skyline off of the spaghetti spoon!

 The other thing that Skyline did for me last night while at dinner was allow me to put together a list of all of the special restaurants with specific people that I go and eat at all the time back in Cincinnati. In fact in 4 months I am going to have a lot of rounds to make including Chipotle at least 5 times in the first week I get back!! My list includes some overall classics, but to be honest, the ones I am looking forward to the most are the Cincinnati specials like Skyline and Graeters!

It has been an absolutely awesome weekend just hanging out and relaxing for a change! The super bowl is on tonight, and although I haven't watched much football this year because of how difficult it is here in Italy, I must say that I am rooting for Tom Brady and the New England Patriots; this is mainly because of the photo that Kelly and I took that looked soo much like Tom and Gisele, but also because Tom is just a straight G!!



On a side note, I have been reading The Hunger Games books (right now I am 289 pages into Catching Fire) and if you have not started reading them you need to get on it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment