Friday, January 27, 2012

Italian Style Soccer

Last night was the first time that we played soccer (calcio) this semester. It was nice to get back together with all of my friends and play calcio again. Although I have meet these guys through Cesare I have been able to form true friendships with these guys. I only see most of them for an hour once a week when we play, but this is one part of the Italian culture that I will always remember.

At the same time, last night it was fun to finally win!! Normally, the team with "il americano" (the american... ME) is at a disadvantage. In fact, before last night I had only won 3 times. However last night, not only did we win, but I scored 3 time! Il Americano scored more than all but one of the Italians last night!! Of course, every time after I scored, my team and I did the single greatest celebration dance ever;

Cesare and Lorenzo before we danced


Although I was never big into soccer before I came to Italy, I always enjoyed watching my sister play, but after being here and playing with the Italians, and actually being able to play, I actually look forward to this hour that I have each week with these guys. I will keep you all updated on my level of calcio as we continue to play each week, or if it declines maybe this will be the last post that talks about my soccer adventures here in Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment