Monday, January 30, 2012

Winter In Torino

The last two days has been the first real time that it has snowed here in Torino since I have been here. We once thought that some "frost" we saw at the beginning of December was our first glance into snow here in Italy, but we later found out it was pollution in the air freezing overnight and falling onto the ground. However, what has come down in the last day and a half is unmistakable and beautiful. Dmitrij and I spent about 4 hours walking around the city yesterday just checking out the snow, the piazzas, and going anywhere the snowy trails took us!

I have to be honest in saying that it was the single most beautiful "picture" of Torino that I have seen yet. I have been living here for 5 months now, and the city has never looked as pretty! Although I had a long debate with myself about bringing out my nice camera because of the weather I am very happy that I did because I was able to get some really cool photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment