Sunday, January 22, 2012

Vibrams, A Book, and Lunch In A Park In January?

Thursday it was suprisingly warm here in Torino; it actually hit 58°F. At 3am when we were coming home it was absolutely freezing, when I went to school at 8am it was still cold, but when I left class at noon it was warm. In fact I went home, made lunch, changed into my Vibrams, and went to the park for the afternoon.


Our local deli guy is an awesome man, and him and his wife are always very nice to us even thought our Italian isn't always the best. In fact, one of the things that he does that I really appreciate is that when you go in and order any sort of meat or cheese he will always help you match it with something else that would complement what you are already getting. Great marketing?: YES, but the way that he cares about taking care of you makes it special and worth the few extra euros you will spend.

Peanut Butter and Pretzels
It is always nice to have an American moment every once in a while. For instance Thursday when I went to the park I brought my peanut butter and pretzels to the park, and almost ate half of it! Although the food here is amazing, I sometimes miss certain types of food that we have in America that you cannot find here. Big League Chew Gum, Skyline, CHIPOTLE, peanut butter, cinnamon rolls, etc.


Another thing that I enjoyed was not just how warm it was outside, but also the book that I am currently reading; Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. Although I don't normally like reading, I have been reading this book for just over a week and I am 294 pages into it! I really enjoyed spending time in the park just reading and relaxing. In fact, I am looking forward to when it gets warmer so that I can spend more time in the park relaxing and enjoying my time here in Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment