Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Alcohol and Ice Skating... A Recipe for Perfection!

Last night we all went ice skating as a group here at the winter olympic ice rink. I think there was actually about 30 of us there, and it was awesome! We skated, I fell, we skated some more, and we had an absolute blast. Ironically some of the people who came were really good; a guy from Sweden, and one from Michigan. The two of them skated backwards, inside-out, back and forth, and even upside down (not actually upside down, but it felt like it). Overall we had some rookies, some people who had skated before, and some experts. Regardless we all had a good time! Here are some photos from the night. (special thanks to our photographer Chelsea Franza). PS - there is more so keep going!!







Before we went, as guys we realized this was going to be a bad idea, so to make a bad idea a worse (or as we would say; better) idea, we decided to drink wine before we went. Worse than that, we drank box wine because it was by far the cheapest in the grocery store.


This isn't actually what we drank, but I promise, the boxed wine we drank was just as awful. In fact, if you can open your fridge and find a box of Franzia wine, I feel sorry for you. Throw it out and go get a nice bottle of Moscato to get the taste out of your mouth!

This is where I skated last night;

These people were waiting for our couples routine, and they were not disapointed
It was actually really cool to go and skate on the same ice as the Olympic skaters. In fact, while I was trying to learn how to skate backwards, I enlisted the help of one of Torino's figure skaters. She was doing spins and twists and all kinds of crazy stuff, so of course I made her teach me (she was prettier than she was good at skating, and she was good at skating).

By the end of the night I was able to actually skate with the help of my teachers; 1 Italian figure skater who skated a couples routine with me (for real it happened, and then I fell trying to bow), 1 Swed whom I presume skates to school, and a surfer from Michigan whose waves apparently are frozen. In fact I landed two 360° jumps and one reverse 180° jump! I would like to think that I looked like this;


I would like to think it looked like that, but in reality it was a lot closer to this; PS - the 2nd is my favorite.



O and a side note... we are going back next Monday, and I would suggest to everyone to go ice skating this season, because it really is a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment