Saturday, December 17, 2011

The People I Met This Semester: Part III

Although most of the students here are from America, we have some students whom are international students from all around the world. This post is designed specifically for them because there is a lot of them that I have become friends with. I appreciated being able to learn different aspects of their culture home, talking to them about the differences in life, and just having a good time with them!

Yu Jin Kim and Seowon Hyun
This is Seowon Hyun (right) and Yu Jin Kim. They are from Korea, and were studying here with us in Torino. I can honestly say that they are some of the nicest and most caring people I have always met. Seowon was always happy to spend time talking with me (listen to me talk) about how everything was going and what was new! Yu Jin is one of the funniest women I have met!! She always made me laugh, and told me about a really cool Korean artist named something close to Turtle but I can't find him!

Joakim Sylvan
This is Joakim Sylvan. He is from Sweden, and was studying through erasmus here in Torino. Him and the three other Swedish guys were super cool, and I enjoyed working with them in e-commerce class. Joakim in particular was always very nice about talking to Matt and I and helped us drastically when we went to Stockholm!

Stella, Tom, Keren, Petronille, Katha
This is the Stella, Keren, and Petronille from France, along with Katha from Germany. I always enjoyed it when we went out and ran into these girls. It was also fun to introduce Stella and Katha to pane con mascarpone e nutella!! Because Matt and I had class with Katha and Stella we got to know them a little bit better, but they are all nice and fun! We need there help tonight crossing #3 off of The List.

Minsonica, Maudee, and Laura
This is Minsonica, Maudee, and Laura. Minsonica is also from Korea, Maudee is from the lovely country of Canada, and Laura is from England. These girls are an absolute blast, and always were really fun. I will never forget when we were in Brussels at the EPP meeting when someone bashed England, and looking down at the crowd and everyone clapping but the British reporter who asked the question and Laura! Also, next time I go to Canada I am going to visit Maudee because she said I can!!!

Ed, Petronille, and Tom
This is Ed and Tom, the two British guys we had this semester in our program. Although I didn't have any classes with Tom, we saw each other all the time on the weekends, and I actually did my first absinthe fire shot with Tom! Ed was in my European Union class, and I enjoyed talking to him about the Euro Crisis and the situation here in Europe. It was good for me because he had a British view which was very different than anything else I hear here in Italy.

I apologize if I missed anyone (this is becoming a tad bit more difficult than I thought) but I am glad I had the chance to meet this group of people. It was awesome to learn a little bit of side information about their life styles and how they differed because of where they were from.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I like this posting!!!
    And the Korean artist is 10cm.
    (Google it right now)
    And the guy who i love is ChulJong Yoon!
    Not TURTLE!!!!
    don't forget this time!!

    ReplyDelete