Thursday, December 15, 2011

The People I Met This Semester: Part I

As this is the last week (less than the last week) of this semester here in Italy, I decided to do a couple part blog series about the people I met here in Italy. I am not 100% sure how many parts this will be, or what it is going to look like, but I do know that I have met a bunch of really cool people here! However that all started with my roommates;

Matt
This is Matt, he is one of my best friends, and definitely my closest friend here in Italy. This trip would have not been the same without him. We have gone to school together for the last 3 1/2 years, but I would say that I grew closer to him during these 4 months than all the other time before.

Gabe
This is my other American roommate Gabe. It has been a really cool experience living with someone who culturally, politically, and personally didn't always agree with me. I really enjoyed have talks with Gabe about life, and being able to listen to a different side of an idea, with both of us respecting the other. 

Cesare
This is my Italian roommate Cesare. Without Cesare Matt, Gabe, and my experience would not have been the same... He really showed us the Italian aspect to life, brought us in to his culture and showed us the true "Stile Italiano" to everything. I am looking forward to living with him again in the spring and spending more time with him.

Samantha
 This is Samantha when she was finishing the Torino Marathon. I am happy to say that I molded her into the PERFECT euchre partner! It was really fun to have someone like her that I could chat with. Her female opinion on things was much needed and even more appreciated!

Taylor, Brian, and Emilio
This is Taylor, Brian, and Emilio. I became very close to these guys while here, and really enjoyed hanging out with them. The relationship that I built with these guys surprised me more than any other ones that I formed mainly because our lives in the states are completely different. I had an absolute blast hanging out with these guys and even traveling. PS - check out Emilio's clothing company 1990 Villians!

Jillian Blandino
This is Jillian, I had the privilege of working with her on some group projects at the end of our semester here. I am still not sure why she asked her parents to bring her Creme of Wheat when she could have asked for Fruity Pebbles, but that is beyond the point. I appreciated the fact that from the beginning she understood me as a person and related to some of the things we talked about; I always felt like I could ask her advice, and ironically I did.

Chelsea, Hannah, Janna, Kelly
WARNING: These 4 girls are a force to be reckoned with. Seriously though, I enjoyed my time with them; through hanging out, cooking dinner, and them welcoming Matt and I to what I call the "California Club" I have gotten to know them very well. I appreciate that these girls in some ways reached out to me and befriended Matt and I. It was a bit overwhelming having 60 kids from California all hanging out, and feeling a bit isolated, however now I feel as though I have made 4 friends that I will have for the future.

Although there are 80+ other students here, and I am sure I have offended someone by not adding them to this post (I APOLOGIZE) these people have left genuine lasting impressions on me, and I can specifically point to situations where they have all changed my study abroad experience this semester.

So to all of you I say THANK YOU!! It really has been an awesome experience getting to know you all, and I hope to staying friends with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment